When trying to attach an ISO stored in a VMware Content Library the operation fails with the following error-
Connection control operation failed for disk 'sata0:0'.
To resolve follow these steps-
- Head over to the old Flash client at https://vcsa/vsphere-client
- Power off the VM the ISO is being attached to
- Select the VM then ‘Edit Settings…’
- Change the CD drive to ‘Client Device’
- Expand CD drive options and change the Device Mode to ‘Passthrough CD-ROM’
- Hit ‘OK’ to reconfigure the VM
Edit VM settings again and reattach the Content Library ISO as normal.